Aging Hipsters Instagram

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fairhill


The Pirates of the Caribbean may have Jolly Roger, we have this... Posted by Picasa

Way back in February as the other spot whores and I sat down to plan the season, the fairhill classic came up on each of our lists. It's a local race, a 7 minute bike ride from my house, annually one of the largest drawing, and best run, best courses in the east. Diane looked at me as I was working on prioritizing my races and gave me the real deal.

"I hope you don't list Fairhill as an A race this year, because you always seem to fuck that one up."

4 comments:

EL HERMANO PABLO said...

Ns

gwadzilla said...

I scanned the site for a results page
not finding it
then again
I was shocked that people who host an amazing race with such organization would have a site that is so hard to navigate

help a brotha out!
where are the results

I did not race
wanted to race
want to see how it went
heard a few stories
want to see a couple of names

heard there were 40 single speeders!

bet the hose after the race washed more than bikes

I remember accidently filling my belly up like a Cambelback after last year's Fairhill event

gwadzilla said...

I will have to make sure to hit both Granogue and Fairhill next year...

somehow these were on my radar
but still got past

guess that reminds me how unorganized I am

Manicmtbr said...

Gwad,

http://www.usp-sports.com/2006%20Fairhill%20Classic.htm

They are sorting things out still a bit.

42 singlespeeders in the SS class alone, many more out there.