Aging Hipsters Instagram

Friday, January 11, 2013

Getting Back To It...

Did the trailspinners night ride at Fairhill last night. I've been starting to feel healthy again, you know except for a lingering cough. I actually had gotten out on the road bike a couple of days this week. I've definitely put on a few pounds since I wrapped up my cross season, and getting sick has me feeling like I'm starting from ground zero. I'll admit with school starting on Monday, it makes me a little nervous about finding balance again... Aside from being sick, I've enjoyed a little downtime...

The ride was good. The trails were moist, but not really muddy. Spongy - not that you'd sink in, but you'd defiantly need more power to keep the bike moving. Really good group, Jackson lead out early, and set the kind of pace he normally does... Todd would eventually take over the reigns leading. I think I've been following that guy around for 20 years now. I'll admit, I really enjoyed riding with that guy again... He flows like water on the trail... That's how I want to ride, flowing... Not last night that's for sure...

During the ride, I flashed back to the Providence weekend. Not even the race as much as warming up with Nick, Auer, and Craig. It was fun times, bombing around, bouncing off of each other a little, and really flowing around the course... I held on to that memory of being fit, and making the bike do what I want, because I can't do those things right now... Lungs and Legs felt like they were fighting each other... It will all come around... Looking forward to next week's ride down there already... That was a really solid group. A bunch of folks from the Thursday ride last year, and while no one, okay maybe Jackson, is trying to rip off legs, there is something rad riding with a really skilled group. Even if, as in my case, you're hanging on for dear life... Deception and Guile go a long way some days.... Ah, life as a whiny ass mid pack masters racer in January...

This is right for so many reasons:





thanks for reading.

respect
fatmarc

No comments: