Aging Hipsters Instagram

Monday, February 4, 2013

It's just a corner...


Dear Readers,

I rolled down the snow covered trail charged with a fire in my belly and stoke in my heart after watching the Louisville Worlds. The fresh snow covered trails had seen many riders before I got there. In fact, charging into the big left hand sweeper, I could see the tracks where previous riders had come in too hot, and slid off the trail. I quickly realized that I was coming in too hot, and in danger of sliding off the trail and into the briers and brush. I entered the corner and felt the bike start to slide slightly. Instinctively  I unclipped my left foot and threw it out as a counter balance. At the apex of the corner, left leg flying out to the side, I felt my back wheel sliding out from underneath me. Gently touching the brake for just an instant, I feel the bike come back under control.  I straightened out the bike, clipping my left foot back into my pedal and in seemingly perfect timing I stand up to accelerate as I exit the corner. I sped away with a smile on my face, and the feeling of a small victory. I like to slide the bike, push the edge, only to bring it back. Snow rides, and proper conditions offer the rare opportunity to play on the bike like this, to see what I can do...It was a really fun ride, and this was just one corner. Just one corner...


back to the books...

respect
Vanderbacon

2 comments:

R. Evensen's Blog said...

enjoyed this post - especially because yesterday, I came in to a snowy corner too hot...and yard-saled.

Happy riding!

Unknown said...

Fatmagic.