Aging Hipsters Instagram

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Not Creepy at All

Dear Readers,

Last night I was taking a little stroll around Fairhill and doing a couple of efforts. I crested out of the park and turned on to 273, headed for home. I was wearing my C3: La Vie Claire kit as seen here:

A dude in big ole Lincoln slowed down and drove up beside me. The driver was mid fifties maybe a little heavy set. "I want to play checkers on your checker board suit!" he said to me as he drove past.

That was a little weird I thought.

We were coming to an intersection and I moved to the left turning lane passing the Lincoln again. I didn't think anything of it at first as we sat at a red light and then I heard him sing to me, "I want to play checkers on your checker board suit!"

Now, I was creeped out. I didn't know what to do, so I awkwardly smiled, stood on the pedals and took off like a banshee as his light turned green and our paths took different directions...

that's something that doesn't happen on every ride (for me anyway).
respect
vanderbacon

3 comments:

The Bikinator said...

Very strange... I guess it's better than when a motorist is dangerous.

The Bikinator said...

Very strange... I guess it's better than when a motorist is dangerous.

Joel-Jessica Nankman said...

Probably had some duct tape and rope in the trunk just waiting to find his perfect checkers partner.