Aging Hipsters Instagram

He's ok if he's not the fastest on the block, but that doesn't lead him to treat cycling like an adult kickball league as so many do. Cycling is important. It's ok to train for it. It's ok to want to be faster, because that's actually more fun than sucking completely. At the same time, being fast doesn't make you better than anyone else, and he knows that, too.


Monday, December 4, 2006

chapter 03: droping off the kids



On our way to Reston last weekend the DccoD (delaware cyclocross coalition of delaware) caravan stopped at a mighty fine rest top in Maryland. Much to my surprise, the men's room had these little doors on the stalls. I surmised that this was to reduce unwanted rest stop hook ups. But, then again I thought clearly that was wrong. Clearly these little doors where set up so you could more easily take pictures of your buddys while they take a crap.

In the picture below it almost looks like I'm smiling, in fact I am, no not because the start was so f-ed up, you know because I was goofin' on the line again, but because I just got a the hole shot for the second race in a row. Clearly, not my style but what the hell, I'll take it. It's brings a smile to my face that the oldest, fattest guy in the pack can get to the front, if only for 30 seconds of a 45 minutes race. Ah, yes in life it truly is the smallest victories that count.

respect

fm

3 comments:

robert said...

I saw that friggin' midget door and knew i was in trouble the second I peered over it's freaky-low top... Thanks for the infamy.

mail order said...

Man, that start was effed. I was too busy scrutinizing my head (to quote Mike Tyson) till I saw you. Then the whole thing clicked and I was down to business.

Anonymous said...

Marc & E-town,

Great racing with you this season. Thanks for all of the support. See you in Providence.